Rules for Student’s Union
1. Candidates contesting for students union must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years in undergraduate colleges. A maximum of 24-25 years in Post graduate colleges. (UGC Eligibility Criteria, 2006)
2. The candidate should not have any Academic arrears and have 75% attendance in the previous years.
3. The candidate shall be a regular, full time student.
4. The candidate shall have two opportunities to contest in the post.
5. The candidate shall not be affiliated to any political parties. There will not be any printed posters or public meetings during campaigns.
6. The candidate shall not criticize other candidates.
7. Grievance Redressal Cell shall be mandated with the redressal of election-related grievances.
8. The institution should organize leadership training program to groom and instill student’s leadership qualities.
9. The Principal/Head of institution shall be the ex-officio President of the Union. He/she will convene the meetings
10. There shall be at least one Professor in-charge for each department nominated by the Principal/President. The Professor in-charge will supervise the respective activities of the department and act as the President of the departmental committee
11. The general Secretary will be the executive head of the Union. If his/her post lie vacant, the Assistant GS shall assume the post
12. The Principal shall be in-charge of SU funds. The head of each department shall make the budget, and the funds of the department shall be released to the Professor in-charge whenever required/demanded.
13. No collaborations shall be made with external bodies/organizations without the permission of the Principal/Head of Institution. Failure to comply will result in strict disciplinary action.
14. No other student body/organization/welfare/unit/branch shall be formed within the College SU without the prior permission of the Principal.
15. In an emergency situation precipitating a crisis leading to the violation of college rules, the Principal may suspend, prorogue or dismiss the SU without prior approval.