STUDENTS UNION RULES
· The candidate should not have any Academic arrears and have 75% attendance in the previous years.
· The candidate shall be a regular, full time student
· The candidate shall have two opportunities to contest in the post
· The candidate shall not be affiliated to any political parties. There will not be any printed posters or public meetings during campaigns.
· The candidate shall not criticize other candidates
· Grievance Redressal Cell shall be mandated with the redressal of election-related grievances
· The institution should organize leadership training program to groom and instill student’s leadership qualities.
· The Principal/Head of institution shall be the ex-officio President of the Union. He/she will convene the all meetings.
· There shall be at least one Professor in-charge for each department nominated by the Principal/President. The Professor in-charge will supervise the respective activities of the department and act as the President of the departmental committee
· The Principal shall be in-charge of SU Funds. The head of each department shall make a budget with the members, and the funds of the department shall be in the hands of the Professor in-charge.
· No collaborations shall be made with external bodies/organizations without the permission of the Principal/Head of Institution. Failure to comply will result in strict disciplinary action.
· In an emergency situation precipitating a crisis leading to the violation of college rules, the Principal may suspend, prorogue or dismiss the SU without prior approval.