Centre Code: 1907
Address: Chanmari, AizawlPin-796007
Date of Establishment: 01-02-2000
Office Contact No: 0389-2347739
Coordinator: Darchuailova Renthlei (Ph-9436199317)
No. of Counsellors: 21
I.Objectives of the University:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The mandate of the University is to:
- Provide access to higher education to all segments of the society;
- Offer high-quality, innovative and need-based programmes at different levels, to all those who require them;
- Reach out to the disadvantaged by offering programmes in all parts of the country at affordable costs; and
- Promote, coordinate and regulate the standards of education offered through open and distance learning in the country.
- To achieve the twin objectives of widening access for all sections of society and providing continual professional development and training to all sectors of the economy, the University uses a variety of media and latest technology in imparting education.
II.Courses Offer in the Centre:
1. Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP)- Six month Course.
Fees: Rs.1000 per programme.
2. UG - Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP)- Three year degree programme.
Fees: Rs.2000 per year.
3. PG - M.Com, English (MEG), Political Science (MPS) and History (MAH)- Two year degree programme.
Fees: Rs.4500 per year.
Fees: Rs.5500 per year (For M.Com only)
A.Admission-1. July Session: During the month of March.
2. January Session: During the month September.
Induction/Orientation programme has been conducted in the beginning of every session for the newly admitted students.
B.Examination-Two Term End Examination (TEE) is conducted every year in the month of June and December. Examination Fees is Rs.120 per paper.
1. Filling-up of Examination Form: (a) For June TEE usually during the month of March subject to the notification of the University from time to time.
(b) For December TEE generally during the month of September subject to the notification of the University from time to time.
2. Submission of Home Assignment: (a) For July Session during the month of March.
(b) For January Session during the month of September.
C.Counseling Class-Counseling classes are conducted in every Saturday in the month of March, April, May and August, September October depending on the availability of funds.
1. Good number of students study in the Centre-1907 has been placed in Government jobs and a significant numbers also becomes successful entrepreneurs.