Department Activity Page: Click to Access
Bachelor of Commerce
A three year degree program spread over six semesters affiliated to Mizoram University.
Commerce and industry are the pillars of any developing economy. The objective of this course is to make the student familiar with the different angles relating to accounting, finance, banking business, organizational behavior and economy. Through this programme a student gains a comprehensive view of the functioning of an organization and also cultivates good communication skills.
The three year BCom course is divided into six semesters. Students pursuing the course can choose elective subjects of their choice in some semesters. Subjects taught during a BCom degree course includes Financial Accounting, Business Laws, Economics, Taxation, Auditing, Cost Accounting, among others. With a BCom degree, one get an option to start a career in related fields such as Finance, Accounting, Banking, Insurance, etc.
Our Vision & Mission :
- VISION : To groom up the Department as a center of excellence in Commerce education.
- MISSION : To achieve enrichment in the quality of teaching, research and extension activities.
The objective of the Department is to impart knowledge and skills considered essential for facing the challenges of the rapidly changing environment in the field of trade, industry and commerce. The Department is also aimed at imparting knowledge and skill to carry on independent research in the field of Commerce and allied disciplines
Candidates who have passed in 10+2/Pre University Course/ Equivalent with 40 % aggregate in commerce are eligible to apply.
Core Area of Learning:
- Types of Accounting – Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Taxation, Insurance, Banking.
- Various marketing, management, industrial, mercantile and company laws & practices.
- Practical research works in the fields of management, marketing & finance – resulting in a submission of project work.
- Courses related to IT and practical applications of E-commerce.
- Courses in secretarial and clerical practices.
List of faculties (as of 01.02.2023)
- "A few years ago today..."