With a focus to protect and foster the interest and needs of the ST/SC/OBC/minority communities who needs help to come up to the level necessary for pursuing higher studies, the UGC introduced Remedial Coaching Scheme. Govt. Hrangbana College (GHBC) has conducted Remedial Coaching scheme for various batch of students. Enrollment of students, core meetings, review meetings and remedial classes are conducted every year except 2015 as per the guidelines of UGC.
The remedial coaching focuses on:
- Students belonging to weaker sections of the society.
- Social and economic equality of students.
- Increase socio-economic mobility of students.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
1. To improve academic skills and linguistic proficiency.
2. To provide a stronger foundation for further academic work.
3. To strengthen students' knowledge, skills and attitudes.