MISSION STATEMENT OF IQAC-GHBC
- To strive for the highest level of excellence in all college functions and services.
- To foster learning activities of the highest quality to help students achieve their goals.
- To inspire a spirit of free inquiry, the freedom to explore new and diverse ideas.
- To provide equal opportunity for all, respect the unique and diverse perspective of each person.
- To maintain at all times the highest level of honesty, communication, cooperation, and credibility in all relationships.
- To assume responsibility for all our decisions and actions, and ensure the best use of available resources.
- To promote individual growth and a positive sense of self-worth for all members of the college community.
- To play an integral role in developing, advancing, and serving the local community.
- To inculcate a culture of the highest level of professional, business and personal ethics.
The college has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) established on 10th January, 2007 as per recommendation of NAAC – UGC.
- This Cell monitors the teaching, research, various departmental activities of each department to ensure academic and administrative performance. Feedback regarding teaching, infrastructural facilities and other amenities of the College are collected from the stakeholders by this Cell.
- This Cell monitors each department to verify the yearly progress of the department with regard to academic, research activities and result analysis.
- Encourage teachers to organize and attend seminars/conferences, to publish books and research articles in journals, to pursue for Ph.D and M.Phil
- This Cell Strengthened library through Library Automation, installation of SOUL 2 Software, Bar Coding System, UGC Network Resource Centre
- The Students’ Feedback are collected for each department. Good points are appreciated and remedial measures for weak points are suggested
- The cell is responsible for submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to the NAAC .
- Organize Parent-Teachers Meet (PTM)
The College communicates its quality assurance policies, mechanisms and outcomes to the various internal and external stakeholders through the College website, various media forms, public domain and College prospectus. Every year College magazine is published. Contributions are made both by the students and the faculty. This also in a way expresses the academic quality assurance of the Institution.
The activities and achievements of the college are conveyed in the IQAC, Staff and various committees meetings. Meetings of the Parent-Teacher, Alumni Association and Students Union are also utilized to communicate the policies of the college.
Government Hrangbana College stands for Leadership with Social Responsibility. Hence its entire mechanism and arrangements for Governance, Leadership and Management are powered by these ideas. The belief in decentralized and participative management, collective work, a co-operative ethos and a consultative and collaborative approach to work are what characterizes leadership. Leadership need not be a singular and insulated enterprise but rather a community and shared enterprise where the purpose of this leadership is not merely quantifiable goals and targets, but the ability to make creative and constructive change in oneself and the world around. Leadership is understood in Government Hrangbana College as a quality that develops the confidence within oneself to negotiate change, difference and challenges with equanimity, grace and compassion.
COMMITTEE OF THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL(IQAC)
Mr. Lal Rinawma, Principal
Dr. Lalbiakzuali, Associate Professor, Dept of Commerce
Asst. Coordinators :
Mrs. B. Lalfakawmi, Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science
Dr. H. Lalzuithangi, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Political Science
Mr. Rokailiana, Vice-Principal
Dr. Suprakash Maiti, Associate Professor, Dept. of Commerce
Dr. Sanny Tochhawng, Associate Professor, Dept. of Education
Mr. Lalhmingthanga, Associate Professor, Dept. of Economics
Mrs. Zohmingliani Lyngdoh, Associate Professor, Dept. of English
Mr. Sangchhuankhuma, Assistant Librarian
Mrs. Rochharkimi, Head Assistant
Dr. C. Zarzoliana, Jt. Director, RUSA
Mr. Vanneihtluanga, Entrepreneur & Social Activist, Local Society
Mr. Zohmingthanga, Entrepreneur, Local Society
Vice President, Student Union, GHBC
President, Alumni Association
Nature of Work:
1. To ensure quality assurance on all areas concerning the college.
2. To make accountable all concern for upholding the required level of quality through continuous regulation and guidance.
XII PLAN GUIDELINES FOR IQAC (2012 – 2017)
GUIDELINES TO ESTABLISH IQACS IN COLLEGES:
- Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Colleges.
- Mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level.
- Channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- Facilitative and participative organ of the institution.
- Driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
THE IQAC STRUCTURE :
a) Principal - Chairperson
b) Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official - Member
c) Two external experts on Quality Management/ Industry/Local Community - Member
d) Director / Coordinator – Member Secretary
• The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years.
• The IQAC should meet at least once in a quarter.
• The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members.
• The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC:
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the colleges;
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
3. Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality- related institutional processes;
4. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
6. Documentation of the various programmes/ activities of the college, leading to quality improvement;
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
8. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
9. Development of the annual quality assurance report (AQAR) of the college based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
10. Bi annual development of quality radars (QRS) and ranking of integral unites of colleges based on the AQAR;
11. Interaction with SQACS in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the Colleges for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The Colleges shall regularly submit their AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- All colleges shall submit AQARs and / or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activitieswell as for hosting the AQAR.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
BENEFITS OF IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
- The State Quality Assurance Cell (SQAC) and Affiliating Universities shall monitor the functioning of IQACs in the colleges coming under their jurisdiction
- NAAC and other respective accrediting bodies shall monitor the functioning of IQACs in colleges
- NAAC peer teams and those of other accreditation bodies will interact with the IQACs.