RULES AND REGULATIONS OF GOVERNMENT HRANGBANA COLLEGE
All the students of Govt. Hrangbana College are expected to conform to the following Rules and Regulations:
1. Students are requested to maintain highest standard of behavior and discipline both inside and outside the College.
2. Students are expected to use only courteous and polite language and behave with decorum with the faculty members and the staff of the College.
3. Students shall avoid using any insulting, inciting, threatening language when talking with fellow students and should abstain themselves from violence.
4. Students shall not talk or act in any manner outside the institution in a way that would bring disrepute to the College.
5. Each student of this College must possess Student Identity Card with his/her photograph affixed on it, duly attested by the Principal. The students must compulsorily bring the Student Identity Card to College.
6. The students shall be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities connected with the College.
7. Regular attendance is strictly insisted for all the students. Students shall be required to attend minimum of 75% in each subject/paper according to the prevailing University norms. A student shall not be allowed to appear in the University Examination if he/she fails to satisfy the norms mentioned above.
8. If a student is absent for three consecutive days, he/she should submit leave letter signed by his/her parents or guardian.
9. No student is permitted to leave the classroom during class hours.Students should not leave the class or attend it late under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library etc.
10. Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the College Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
11. Students are expected to be dressed decently in the college. Short-pants, bathroom slippers, etc. are not allowed to be worn in the college campus. Female students are not allowed to wear revealing/provocative clothes.
12. Students are not allowed to stay on in their classrooms after classes are over unless they are having extra classes.
13. Students should maintain the cleanliness of their classrooms. Scribbling on furnitures and walls is not allowed. Chewing gums should not be chewed within the College and Hostel buildings.
14. Furnitures should not be moved out of any classrooms without prior permission from the college authorities. If they are moved out, they should be returned to their original position/classrooms.
15. Students are prohibited from damaging the building or any other property of the College in any way. The cost of any damage so caused will be recovered from the students collectively if the responsibility for it cannot be fixed on any individual or group of individuals.
16. Students are not allowed to take part in anti-national or anti-government activities.
17. No meeting shall be convened, no outside person shall be invited, no publication shall be issued and no canvassing and mobilizing of the students for any particular purpose shall be made without the permission of the Principal.
18. Ragging, harassment and Bullying of any kind (physical, verbal or Cyber) is not allowed in and outside the College and Hostel Campus. Harassment on the basis of gender & Disability is strictly prohibited.
19. Use of Mobile phone is not allowed within the College Building. Mobile phones and smart watches are not allowed inside the Examination halls.
20. Silence should be maintained in the corridors during class hours.
21. Students are expected to obey and respect the College authority i.e. Principal, Vice Principal, Professors and the Administrative staff of the College. Disobeying the College authorities shall render the students liable to disciplinary action.
22. Students are advised to make use of College Library, NCC, NSS etc. They automatically become members of the Students’ Union which functions under the direction and supervision of the College authority.
23. Students who have any complaints may approach the Grievance Redressal Cell. They can also deposit their complaints in writing in the Complaint Box which are placed in different places around the college. Their complaints are kept strictly confidential.
24. Rules in view of Prize Money:In the case of Students who take part in competions (inter- colleges or other External competions) in the name of the college and have won prizes, the cash prizes will be distributed between the college and participant as per decided by the committee (25:75 ratio most likely – college: participant)
25 CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE:
Good discipline and proper manners shall be maintained in the College Campus. Student committing the following mis-demeanour in the College campus shall be punished as mentioned below :-
a) Abuse of any intoxicating substances i.e. alcohol, drugs etc. shall be expelled or fined upto Rs. 3000/-
b) Smoking in the College and Hostel Campus shall be fined Rs. 200/-. Chewing of any tobacco products is not allowed.
c) Littering and spitting on the wall /corridor /classrooms shall be fine Rs. 50/-
d) Playing cards are not allowed in the College and Hostel. If students are found playing, the cards shall be confiscated and Rs. 100/- shall be fined from each player.
e) It is compulsory for students to have College T-Shirt and are required to wear it every Tuesdays and Thursdays and on other special occasions as notified by the College Authority from time to time. Students coming to College withoutwearing College T-Shirt on the days mentioned will not be allowed to sit in the class rooms and a fine of Rs. 100/- will be imposed. Class T-Shirts may be worn on other days and will not be accepted as College T-Shirt.
26. In the case of violation of the above Rules and Regulations by the student, action initiated against the student may include warning or reprimand, suspension, withholding of official documents or expulsion.